Sunday, February 28, 2010

RUN NO. 2166 - 23 FEB (DIPLO)

Food prepared by the China Dolls
Last one out before Glamour/Veronica enjoying her dinner

The run which took runners 1 hr 10 mins

Alison and Readymix anxious for news from the hares & Satu Lagi

The anxious group


RUN NO. 2166
DATE: 23 February 2010
SITE: Diplo - Chinese New Year/National Day run
HARES: Trailblazer/Sarong/Ready Mix
HENS: 39 CHICKS: 2

Diplo is a great site as it always has great hills for a really good workout. So when I saw the Hares statement about the run; ‘only one notable hill’…..I was suspicious. So when the horn sounded at 5.15 we all wandered off into the jungle. When we reached a rather large hill, I thought to myself….arhhhh, this must be the notable hill, that was until we reached another hill and another and another. My legs were hurting like crazy, but I loved the run anyway…...I felt like I really deserved the drink when I got back to the tent.

Most of the checks during the run were found fairly easily (all by Satu Lagi...I think?), except one check where the ‘on paper’ was found but it was going both ways, so we must have done a short-cut somehow. It was easily rectified, hares went both ways until they found which was the correct direction, and then off we ran along the trail…..up more hills!!

I was out of jungle before light faded, but as the night started to draw in, it become apparent that there were several hens still walking the trail. Most came out before 7pm, but Glamour and Veronica were still in there, so the Hares got their walking gear back on, put some water in a rucksack, grabbed the lights and trekked back in to help them out.

It was starting to get late, so we had a short shout up, before we tucked in to absolutely fantastic food which was laid on by the ‘china dolls’. It was lovely, especially the roast chicken and duck..yum yum.

I left about 8 o’clock and the hares were still in the jungle, so I didn’t get a chance to thank them all personally for such a wonderful run and such lovely food, so thank you.

NEXT RUN: Spg 378 Subok - Water Tower opp rubbish tip
HARES: Jane/Squeak/Rambling Rose

No comments: