Monday, August 06, 2007

RUN 2030

Date: 17 July 2007
Site: Spg 378 Jln Subok, Kg Sg Akar
Hares: Mad Marg/Tango/Alice in Wonderland
Front Horn: Karen P
Back Horn: Dizzy
A small but eager group of hashers gathered at the run site and hoped that wth all the mud around it would not rain and their cars would not be bogged. Dizzy arrived with the ice and it was discovered it was in large block form.
JM Naj then proceeded to take out her aggression on the ice to break it into manageable pieces.
Rosemary Norrish returned for a final hash before heading back to the U.K and praised the scenery in New Zealand.
I headed up the hill to the water tank and turned right into the jungle. It was a  scenic run or walk to first check At this point people went off in all directions checking. After about 10  minutes without  the on paper discovered, some hashers looked up at the ominous dark clouds and decided to turn back rather than get caught in a downpour.
Eventually Karen P and Jess discovered the on paper. A very tricky back check and I continued winding my way through the jungle. Second check was also a back check but as I was further back by then I do not know who discovered it.
I continued on and only getting my feet wet once at a slippery water crossing, though there were a few most unpleasant hills which were good exercise for my leg muscles. Eventually I found my way back to the trail I came in on and knew I was on my way out.
It was an enjoyable run, not too long or too short and the rain held off long enough for everyone to finish .
At the shout up we celebrated Alice in Wonderland's 200 runs.
Dizzy was awarded the hashit for the problems with the ice even though she was kind enough to volunteer  to buy it (The real reason for her hashit was the worst sin for a hasher—for not signing in! ed) and Jess kindly took it with her. True friendship.
Nancy was welcomed back and Ruth celebrated a belated birthday. Thank you hares for the delicious noodles and bruschettas.

No comments: