Friday, August 31, 2012

RUN NO. 2297 DIPLO - 28AUG2012

RUN NO. 2297
SITE: DIPLO
DATE: 28 AUGUST 2012
HARE: Satu Lagi
FRONT HORN: Mrs Pingu  BACK HORN: Eastern Promise

Welcome back holiday makers. There were a few tired but still enthusiastic hashers at tonight’s run at the old favorite site Diplo. Satu Lagi laid the run as no one else had put their hand up. Was lovely to see the few of the regular hashers who have returned from their holidays for a catch up and abit of a chat about their various exotic holidays.

Off we went at 5.15. It was quite warm in the jungle tonight, usually I like to run but the stifling heat and extra holiday kilos was turning me into a walker! On we go. Well it was Diplo ups and downs, no matter how many times I go into this part of the jungle I never seem to recall where the tracks go; it looks different every time – perhaps concentrating on not tripping on roots or falling into the stream is the problem.
There were 3 checks although I don’t remember who found them. But thank you. And being Diplo a couple of streams to cross. On the way towards the out path we came across possum and smurf who were pointing out the abundant fungal growth on a fallen tree. They pointed out to us that we must sometimes step out of the race and admire nature. However in a few minutes I was simply cursing nature.

Happily and as usual naively I continued on towards the out trail. Sometimes nearing the end of a trail can excite a person and so I decided it was time to begin a little jogging. I felt something hit me on the lip not unlike someone throwing gorse in your face hard. Out of bottom of my eyes (um the nose did not hinder this vision) I had thought I saw a creature clinging to my chin for life and then biting me! “Something bit me!” I yelled to anyone who would listen. No doubt the heightened hysterical voice of fright. Psycho looked and me and my lip with abit of drool hanging off (it became numb rather quick) and then told me to run as we were nearly out. A lovely lady ran with me to make sure I was ok. By the time we reached the end it was of course fine and just numb at this point.

After seeing the other sting injuries, Deborah’s eye and Mrs Pingu who had to go to RIPAS I became more concerned for them. Trailblazer and Eastern promise provided me with excellent first aid. Vinegar, antihistamine (very relaxing) and antiseptic cream. Now I’d also like to mention these were not the only mishaps of the night! Briony hurt her ankle and was icing it while Dee was also unwell and icing her knees.
The shout up was the usual singing, drinking and be merry announcements plus the extra Happy Birthday song. I believe the hash-shit bucket and chicken is still missing in action which of course is such a shame. Bring a plate was the usual table of delicious goodies. I really love seeing and trying all the different food items that people bring. I also have the willpower of a Labrador so added to my increased holiday coat.

A note that next week’s run will be at Lucky Gardens (not kanan kapok, my inexperience of hash sites meant I did not realize that Serasa Hill is actually kanan kapok opps! Many apologies next week’s hares) from the Hash House aka Erin’s. Also it probably won’t be a late one as some of us (not me) have to work. Bring a chair.
OnOn! Kathryn

NEXT RUN: LUCKY GARDENS
HARES: Kathryn & Karlene (K2)

No comments: