Monday, August 20, 2012

RUN NO. 2295 JLN DADAP AUG 14

RUN NO. 2295
DATE: 14 AUG 2012
SITE: JLN DADAP
HARES: Mrs Pingu/GI Jane
FRONT VIRGIN HORN: Hot Lips  BACK HORN: Mani Mouse
Having just returned from 3 weeks holiday and not doing much in the way of exercise except for the brisk walks from car to shops, I was a bit apprehensive about whether I would make the run or give it a miss. But, had to do the report as laying run next week - reality! Besides I was running late as was finding work really slow (mentally still in holiday mode) and when 4.30 came round was at Jalan Gadong at 4.30 and a detour back home before going to Dadap. Anyway, full steam ahead and wary of not breaking the speed limit was at Jalan Dadap by 5.30pm.
As I arrived, saw Eastern Promise gearing up to go but she was not going in, also saw Peehen and Possum walking but no recognition from them as I drove past- I must have been away too long. Quick sign in and followed the paper in by the waterfall. The waterfall seemed a long way in - third run at Dadap in three months for me so I hurried along mindful of my lateness. I did noticed the stream level was quite low compared to the run I did with Pee Wee just three weeks before. As usual the trails were very pretty and when we got to the top of a ridge, parted ways with GM and JM Cheryl. Kathryn and her mum decided to carry on and we stayed together for a while.
We wound our way thru the jungle and was pleased to be within hearing range of the mosque and when I saw the first check paper from the previous run, knew we would soon be out . All good, and although we were right at the back was out within the hour.

Thank you hares for a great run.
Shout up was a bit noisy and JM Cheryl had to repeat herself a few times trying to remind hens about the Founders Day Theme. No hashit was given and all soon tucked into the yummy laksa. Jetlag and mosquitoes got the better of me and yours truly retired early!
NEXT RUN: DIPLO - BIRTHDAY RUN
HARES: Trailblazer/Sarong/Duchess

No comments: