Tuesday, August 14, 2012

RUN NO. 2294 SALAMBIGAR LINK 7 AUG 2012

RUN NO. 2294
SITE: SALAMBIGAR LINK
DATE: 7 AUGUST 2012
HARES: MADMARG/HOTLIPS/HASH HOUND

As I drove to the hash site, as you looked up in the sky it was difficult to tell if the sky was still hazy or with rain clouds. The answer was soon apparent as I got out of the car and there were a few spits of rain; luckily this soon passed.

With the promise of good trails - we were not disappointed. Everyone set off, tempted by the campers at the water hole with their BBQ (but all resisted), and continued up the hill til the ridge. One of the advantages of arriving as the horn blew and everyone started (I know I only live round the corner and I am not ay work - so no excuses for being late) is that you're at the back when the rest of the group arrives at first check. So when I heard the call I had just approached a fork in the path which led me to the 'on paper'.

So now being at the front meant I was the first to find the second check point; obliged to check ahead I carried on down the hill, after some time I realized that this was not the right path so headed back up the hill. Before I could catch up with Ready Mix - she called "on on". So we were all on our merry way again- good paths through some beautiful trails. Naturally the hares had set the check half way down yet another hill. Again obliged to check ahead I followed the trail; random pieces of paper left me hopeful and also the thought that surely the hares would not set 3 back checks, I carried on with a few others. This was until we heard the call, which meant trudging up the hill again.

Thanks Squeak for blowing the horn until we had caught up, as we were a long way off and could easily have gone the wrong way.  The path took us straight out with a short run downhill back to the start. Thanks ladies for some good trails, there may have only been one big hill, but checkpoints down the hills meant that a few of us did a few more!

With rain holding off we had a good shout up back at Hotlips pad. All were in good spirits with Cfbters getting ready for their long awaited holiday. Welcome to a few newbies and Welcome back  to Debbie who is back for a few more years. On on.....

NEXT RUN: DADAP
HARES: MRS PINGU/GI JANE

No comments: