Monday, August 16, 2010

RUN NO. 2190 - 10AUG - DIPLO

Pretty Trails of Diplo

Small water crossing

Back horn Squeek

Front horn "Ruthless Pursuit"

Hares: Smurf/Trailblazer/Pee Wee and Madam Sin

A gentle watering for the Hashit as Ruthless Pursuit did not fill up the bucket!!


RUN NO. 2190
DATE: 10 AUGUST 2010
SITE: DIPLO
HARES: Madam Sin/Trailblazer/Pee Wee/Smurf
HENS: 33 CHICKS: 2
FRONT HORN: Ruthless Pursuit BACK HORN: Squeek

A hot sweaty bunch of hashers (and that was before we set off into the jungle!) gathered at lower Diplo on Tuesday. Not many of us, a select bunch!

There was a telephone call from the hares, saying to go back at second check; sounded good to me. It was so hot and humid, not pleasant for a delicate flower such as myself!

Magic sounded the horn and off we went. Pleasant trails, made me remember the time I was rescued by Sid and Lone Ranger. I was with an Indian lady and we were so far behind everyone else and it began to get dark, so of course we became slower and slower. Eventually this lady told me she hoped to get out soon because she had an operation in the morning. I asked her what kind of operation she was having and she told me, ‘Oh no my dear, I am the surgeon!’

Eventually we heard voices and out of the gloom came Fletcher Rescue Inc. bearing torches and 100+. They got us out and we trudged back to the on-on to celebrate with the ‘librarians’.

That wasn’t going to happen to me this time, although later, according to Madam Sin and Smurf, it almost happened to the hares.

Anyway, the hash was fine, very pretty in parts; a couple of water crossings, a bit of mud, a bit of slipping down slopes and puffing up hills. Well done ladies, a good hash despite your hassles.

I suppose because there weren’t that many of us, we ended up sitting in a big circle, a bit like girl guides. Not that many girl guides swig beer or gin and tonic but you know what I mean!

Ruthless Pursuit started off the shout-up with the hares, who told us we were lucky not to have done Friday’s hash (at the same site), an arduous ordeal by all accounts.

There were no special runs to celebrate and nearly no entertainment until Psycho remembered a joke. It was about computers, but I am not sure I understood it! Then Alice told us about a 24hour breast-feeding hot-line. Very useful information for those of us in that situation, thankfully not me!

Back to Psycho, who announced she is looking for a house and Alice, who has a friend selling furniture. It all happens at the Ladies Hash!

Hash Shit time found Clover, Christine and Duchess charged with flower violations. Clover and Christine were watered for their crime!

The shout up ended and delicious laksa was provided by the hares. Thanks ladies for the food and the run.


NEXT RUN: Spg 378 Sg Akar - water tower opp rubbish dump

HARES: Alison/Cheryl/Sue & Duchess


1 comment:

Tina said...

looks like a great run.. and i missed one of my faves Laksa!!!

hope all BH3 hash ladies are doing ok x