Monday, July 28, 2008

RUN NO. 2083

DATE: 22 July 2008
HARES: Linda/Jess
FRONT HORN: Keren
BACK HORN: Naj
HENS: 27
CHICKS: 7

I had never been to Crocodile Beach before and I was pleasantly surprised, it must be one of the nicer beaches in Brunei. We started our run with a nice stroll down the beach, through some water and then we found the first check. Now I don't normally go off to find checks (mainly because I usually walk the hash rather then run), but today I thought I'd give it a go. That was until someone said, 'we're not supposed to check here because there is an unexploded bomb somewhere'!!!!! Now a hash can sometimes be a little dangerous; walking over logs and tripping over roots, but I draw the line at unexploded bombs!! Anyhow while I was mulling over the prospect of being blown to smithereens someone found the 'on paper' and off we went. We ran along a track surrounded by a few trees but I kept loosing the paper (I think the wind must have blown a few pieces away). Once I'd found the paper I could hear 'checking from here' being called ahead. By time I had got there Jill had managed to find the 'on paper' and off we went back onto the beach.

Once we got back onto the beach, we started to get a little confused because we were not sure whether we should go back the way had run down the beach or if we had missed some paper somewhere. In the end we came to the conclusion that we had to go back the way we came. So we waded through the water and strolled back to the tent.

Shortly after we arrived back at tent the Casbah Caravan turned up. I had to leave straight away to get to a meal but my sources tell me from friends who stayed on that the Casbah served delicious Red Snapper in batter with fresh French Fries.

As I drove down to the empire I suddenly realised that I had only picked up two hash signs for next week and that there must be another one still under the tent.....doh! I knew I needed to contact someone but I didn't have the mobile number for anyone on the hash. So I got out the WORDS and started randomly texting people. However it turns out that half the numbers listed on the words don't exist because I got message sending failed. Thankfully Jenny (who wasn't even on the hash) kindly forwarded on my message and Ruth texted me to say that someone had collected it.

Thank you Linda and Jess setting the hash on the beautiful Crococile Beach and thanks for picking up the hash sign for me and for the delicious Fish & Chips.

NEXT RUN: Jalan Dadap
HARES: Jane/Julia

No comments: