Sunday, July 13, 2008

RUN NO. 2081

DATE: 8th July
SITE: Morely Movers
HARES: MAGIC & JAN
HENS: 33 CHICKS: 5

Why is it I always get stuck behind someone traveling at 20kph on Jalan Muara? I left the house in plenty of time, tootling nicely, then here he comes pulling out right in front of me and then proceeds at a leisurely pace! Don’t these people know there is a Hash to go to on Tuesday at 5.15?

Morley Movers is my kind of site, no huge hills to park on and burn out my clutch, or hugely dangerous storm drains to slid into? Easy parking rules!

I hadn’t been to the hash for a few weeks so it was nice to catch up with friends and hear other people had been suffering from a ‘virus’, not just me!

Before we set off we were told to follow the correct paper and with that we set off up that huge concrete hill into the relative cool of the jungle. Alison pointed out where she had seen a snake on a previous run and we kept a wary eye open for relatives.

I am reliably informed that Kathy K found the first check. The closest I came to checking was coming across some ‘on’ paper. Anyway, Alison, Yann (back horn) and I started to descend, down, down, down, the big hill which was not so muddy for a change. I didn’t need to slide down on my bottom, which is a good thing.

The next checks were found by Mandie and Mad Marg, well done.
We started to walk along the river and kept going on a pretty trail much further than I can remember doing before. I kept thinking we must at some point clamber across the river and go up that horrendous hill, (not so good for chesty people!) but no, on we went.

Somewhere along this stretch perhaps (perhaps – because I had no idea!), Trish found the 4th check. Eventually we bumped into Smurf coming from the other direction. We ambled on chatting away about holidays, and other important stuff, then out at the moonscape and back to the tent.
A really nice hash, well done hares!

The shout up started just as the lightning did. The hares were thanked, a guest was introduced, announcements were made, we were told off for talking, then the hens, who had dressed in red white and blue to honour American Independence Day, were asked to line up and be judged on their outfits.

Naj won, I was second (my goodness) and Nancy was third. We were presented with US goodie bags. Thank you hares for that. More chocolates were handed our for those who found American flags, which were handed over in all manner of survival.

Next the thorny issue of the ‘hash shit’. Smurf managed to persuade Pee Wee to sit on the ice for a misdemeanour involving some missing - then found papers. Alison was very grateful to get rid of the hash shit, thanks Claire.

These events might not be in the correct order, please excuse me if they are not as I was so busy watching the lightning and ‘oh-ing and ah-ing with Struth! It’s all her fault!!

The hares provided us with lovely grub, sausages and salad – under the stars and lightning, what more could you ask for?
Thanks Jan and Jan for a great hash.

NEXT RUN - LUCKY GARDENS: Two runs - A short and a regular! So all should do the run/s. Keep an eye out for the flora and fauna, and some inhabitants of the jungle, we found a porcupine quill, saw monkeys, spilled honey (so there might be bears!). Enjoy the trails after a day off for HM’s birthday.

No comments: