Thursday, December 03, 2009

RUN NO. 2154 - SPG791 JLN MUARA - 1 DEC 09

An array of head gear to keep the rain out at the signing in board keeping dry at the back of JM Diva's car.
Umbrellas galore

RUN NO. 2154
HARES: Sid/Fiona & Beluga
FRONT HORN: Ruthless Pursuit
BACK HORN: Jane Woolley
NO CHECKS due to torrential rain all day

And the rain came down!! in buckets all day long!! was on the golf course and got rained off so knew that the Hash would be similar tonight.

Arrived at Morley Movers with Eastern Promise and no tent to huddle under!! Just lots of big black plastic bags of rubbish to look at!!! About 25 brave hens turned up standing under umbrellas, wearing wet weather ponchos and me with my shower cap over my headlight! waiting to sign on.

Too soon, it was 5-15pm and off ran Ryvita, her guest, Miss Tango and Ruthless Pursuit (front horn) up the hill past the water tower. We had been advised to go only to the top of the ridge as it was too wet and parts of the river was in full flow - go in for 30 mins and then turn around but if you you were by the waterfall before the 30 mins, take a look, admire it's churning and thunderous beauty and come back. (was this said? ed? That was not the message I passed on!)

The tracks were wet and slippery - it is the monsoon season in Brunei now!. we slithered our way down and Diva performed a few acrobatic stunts for us as she slid down the hill. I remember Diva doing exactly the same party trick at Tasek Lama on Founder's Day!

The few brave souls who ventured on to the waterfall had a good run through. Miss Tango and Ruthless Pursuit decided to forge their way through after the waterfall but eventually came back to where Diva, Ryvita, Ryvita's guest and myself were. We crawled over a long wet log and got to the other side of the waterfall.

Phone calls were made and rescuers came to our aid - Fiona and Sid came down and met us at the waterfall and guided us out. Thank goodness for our torches and mobile phones.

Miss Tango fell into the river just as we made out way out so she was soaked through right up to her neck.

I thought it was a superb run, pretty views and the little rivers of water to stamp our way through were refreshing and washed off the kilos of mud we had picked up sliding down like slalom skiers going from tree to tree - the noise at the waterfall was worth the run!!! - too bad about the weather though, what to do lah!!

For a change, the front runners came out last which really tickled my sense of humour!!! Still no tent had turned up so off everyone went to JM Diva's garage for the shout up.

Congratulations to Eastern Promise on her 500th run last night and next week the honour goes to Not Yet also celebrating her 500th run.

As the tent had not appeared by the time everyone was out, Trailblazer (jeopardising her friendship with Paul!) made a call to Diva's hubby seeking permission to adjourn to their garage.

After a concensus from the hares & Diva as to where we would have the shout up/meal - with food to be picked up enroute, directions taken as to how to get to Diva's place, most of the hens trooped off in convoy but which time a H3 sign had been placed by the roadside. We settled ourselves around the garage as Wina set up shop with xmas goodies she had prepared with Rozi to raise funds for the Animal Shelter. Certainly a flurry of activities as everyone tried to get dry, shopped and then the hares arrived with the food and shout-up began. We were all quite happy as Hash Baby had brought a bottle as she was clearing her cabinet before her final exit from the Abode of Peace.

Proceedings started with Never Wrong celebrating her 250th run. One guest was introduced, and Jane Woolley given a down down for following instructions about the run and came out on schedule. Hashit was given to the JMs for not practising what they asked the hens not to do, i.e. only go in for 30 mins due to the rain and the waterfall was too high to cross! Dizzy was quick in giving them a dousing with the nearby handy hose but the hashit was well taken.

Yummy dosai with sauces of varying degree of heat was served - thanks hares. It was quite an early night for all as the usual latenight stoppers had either gone on holiday or too busy to be around!


No comments: