Sunday, March 25, 2007

RUN 2013

Run: 2013
Date: 20 March 2007
Site: Salambigar Link, Sg Akar
Hares: Dizzy/Jenny
New Member: Julie

A small but select group of runners set off to the sound of Naj’s pretend horn at 5.15 last Tuesday. I hadn’t been at this site before and had a few problems finding it in the first instance, (and getting my leg over the fence. Long, graceful legs don’t seem to run in my family. If you’ll pardon the pun!) - but here I was sitting with Naj having a chat and waiting for the ladies to come back out of the jungle. Then Trailblazer appeared and said she had heard from the hares and they couldn’t find their way out! However, all was well and eventually Dizzy and Jenny made an appearance.

Every time Alison and I plan to do a hash something always happens and sure enough the fates had been working against us. Alison had a sore leg after a fall at Lucky Gardens and I had this blooming chest infection. However, we needed to do the words and our co-hare Sue was on Pulau Tiga, so gallantly, sore leg and all, Alison set off to do her best.
We would like to report that it was a ‘very nice hash’ with a bit of up, down and across.
The checks were found by Cath, Karen and Clare (twice!)

Dizzy told me that she and Jenny had rec’ced three times for this hash and each time they had come out at a different location! I think it is a blooming miracle that anyone can find their way around in the jungle. It all looks the same to me!

The shout up was a civilized affair with the hares being thanked, no horns to thank because there were no horns. A new member of the Ladies Hash, Julie was presented with the rules of the hash. I can’t remember if there were any announcements! No hash shit was given or received.

The hares provided delicious food for everyone. Thanks for the food and laying the run girls.
Alison and I set off early to pick up the hash signs. That was not quite as easy as it sounds. We had to risk life and limb to rescue them from traffic islands on the highway. My goodness, the traffic travels at the speed of sound down that road!

Next week: Diplo
Hares: Alison/Cheryl/Sue

No comments: