Monday, June 30, 2014

RUN NO. 2392 LUCKY GARDENS 24JUN2014

RUN NO. 2392
DATE: 24JUN2014
SITE: LUCKY GARDENS
HARES: SQUEAK/TWINKLE TOES/PEE WEE & Families
FRONT HORN: SPEEDY GONZALES 
BACK HORN: DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE

Part 1
We all gathered at Hash House and at 5.15 in the absence of either JM we set off along the road to begin the run. We climbed up a stone face and proceeded into the jungle, soon hearing the sounds of the bells being worn by Satu Lagi for her final hash.
Checks were found reasonably quickly I think because as one of the tail enders I was able to continue unstopped along the picturesque Lucky Gardens trail.
This week the ups and downs were not too taxing and it was a very pleasant run with only a few patches of mud and water.
There were no first time guests, new members or special runs but we had to bid farewell to Satu Lagi which we did in style. Madam Sin sang a clever and entertaining song  to wish her goodbye, then Satu Lagi took the hat trick for the Hash shit very humourously. Hopefully we will see her again as she is going over the border to KK.
Thank you hares for a delicious supper. I believe the hard core did well and left the site at 11.45
- Never Wrong
 
Part 2 by Jessie: 
As usual I knew I was going to be late for hash and thought I’d only go up to 1st check. Met the hares coming out on the way in and they told me it was a short run so I could do the whole thing. Twinkle Toes told me to go in over the dirt….instead I went in through the out (as I later realized...not very good at listening to teachers, am I?). Fifteen minutes into the jungle and I could hear the ladies shouting for what I assume to be the last check, found by Satu Lagi. Finished the run in good time (before back horn!) and a lovely one it was too.

I was tasked to video Satu Lagi taking her last “down down” and she did well to show us how it was done. Unfortunately it also set her up for hashit 3 weeks in a row as her phone went off (don’t you just love children?) but she took it in style.  Sad to see a friend I have quickly grown close to leaving but I know I will definitely see her again.

Our well organized hares fed us with some lovely chili and fueled us for what ended up to be a late night for some. Look forward to having you ladies over at mine this week. Spray up against mozzies and bugs, bring a chair, swimmers and tokens.

NEXT RUN: SPG 355-86 KG TUNGKU
HARES: TRAILBLAZER/JESSIE/NEVER WRONG/CHI
BRING A CHAIR FOR THE ONON AT JESSIES.



 

No comments: