Friday, February 01, 2008

RUN NO. 2058

DATE: 29 JANUARY 2008
SITE: Rimba
HARES: Miss Espania, Naj and A’Struth
FRONT HORN: Heather S
BACK HORN: Trailblazer

It was a clear day, no sign of rain, unlike 3 weeks ago, when the whole Rimba area got flooded and we were confined to Naj’s car park.

Getting to the hash was already a story on its own. I tried to leave early from work, just to get stuck at one of the traffic lights in Gadong for over 5 minutes. Finally getting onto the highway, I got stuck in a traffic jam. Wondering what it was all about, only saw some glass on the street and 4 cars parked nearby, but of course everyone had to stop and looook!!!!!!

When I finally arrived at the site, I saw everyone heading off into the jungle.

After rushing to sign in, I started off following yellow paper. Along the road it went, nearly missing the turn into the jungle. As it was fairly good running trails, I was able to join the other hens at first check. Lucky for me it was a back - check found by trailblazer - actually I think it was Alison and Cheryl. (At least I saw her heading off in that direction). So, from being one of the last ones to arrive, I saw myself in the front, but of course not for long.

Further we went through different vegetation, some areas with ferns, some with shrubs, some looking almost like European woods, a few ups and down, but not too strenuous. Second check was a back - check again, not sure, who found it!? Thereafter I lost track of any other checks. I still remember plenty of trips on the trail, some thorns (not too many), some logs and trees blocking the path. We came out after appr. 50 minutes, having had a good workout.

It took a while until everybody was ready for the shout-up; also it was getting quite dark. The hares would get the usual down-down. We had one new guest, Charlotte, who had to leave early. Hopefully she will return next week.

As it was Carol’s Birthday, there was a lot of singing and chanting and finally the “Birthday Song”.

Next we had sad news, Miss Espania, is leaving us. She will stay on in Brunei, but has decided to stop hashing for a while.

No hashit was awarded tonite. Thanks to the hares for the delicious samosas and Mandarin Oranges.

NEXT RUN: 5 FEBRUARY
SITE: SPG 370 JLN MUARA, KG SG TILONG
HARES: GABY/BINI HUTAN/BETTINA

No comments: