Friday, June 20, 2008

RUN NO. 2077

DATE: 17 JUN
SITE: LUGU
HARES: Trailblazer/Pee Wee/Tina I (virgin)
HENS: 33 CHICKS: 2
FRONT HORN: Madmarg BACK HORN: Naj

I misjudged it!  I thought that I could leave work at 4ish, go home to change cars and clothes and sort out kids and husband, have to take a detour to the coast road up jalan Muara to avoid the tailback on the M25 and then what a shame miss the beginning of the hash!  No such luck! I made it with minutes to spare.

I had conjured up all sorts of hills and rivers in my mind after completing the medium run of the Nash hash and I wasn’t looking forward to another 1½  in the jungle  Luckily the hares did us proud and laid a great hash that all of us could enjoy. 

We started off back down the road we had arrived on, over the drain and onto open land.  First check was right slap in the middle with so many alternatives hens were scampering around all over the place.  Luckily before I had gone too far the wrong way checking again the on paper was called and the hash disappeared into the jungle.  I then decided to get a bit of a move on but then quickly ran out of steam! Several late nights had taken its toll and I know that there is a high possibility of me landing flat on my face because I’m too tired to pick my feet up.

Second check Sue J and I decided to go down, down, down hoping that any minute the on paper would appear.  I chickened out half way down but Sue is made of sterner stuff and carried on down.  Unfortunately the paper was called on ahead so up, up, up we went.  I spied the rest of the hens and then promptly feel on my bottom.  (That’s the effect you lot have on me).  No damage done so off I went again.

Teamed up with Not yet and we started to put the world to right or Africa at least!  We passed Glamour and Veronica and this time they were going the right way!  On on through the long grass and murky water.  I confess I do not like not being able to see the bottom.  Pathetic I know but every step has my imagination running wild.  Through the lovely squelchy mud and then up and out over the moonscape.  I have absolutely no idea where 3rd check was.

Thanks to Peewee, Trailblazer and virgin hare Tina – you did a great job.  The rendition of Madonna’s “Like a virgin” was a bit dodgy though!  Food lovely and the home made piccalilli extra special. 
ON ON

NEXT RUN: SPG 370 JLN MUARA
HARES: SARAH C/LEE

No comments: